15 lip 2011

ANETTE OLZON - solo songs


In Stockholm in the studio in the middle of a forest and by a lake Anette was working in October and November on her first album. She was totally engaged in creating her first CD album. She wrote lyrics and melodies. Moreover she collaborated with Andreas Bagge and his two co-writer team. They did melodies. Anette said about it: "We co-operate so we all are participating on everything, except that its all my lyrics. I am a team player and this is the perfect solution for me."

On the album Anette would like to show the different styles of her voice then she used in Nightwish and Alyson Avenue. She woudn't  be sing so high and belt all the time.  On the album will be faster, relaxed and emotional stuff and shows a softer side of her. They song are so different from what she has done with Nightwish and Alyson Avenue. The music isn't rocky, it's acoustic. Many of her lyrics come from her own pain, both from being bullied and other hard times. She doesn't know exactly how the album will sound yet, since it all depends on what kind of label she goes to and so on, but it will not be metal. And she does'nt know if she ever will be touring the "world" again. 

Anette wrote on her blog that Emppu (guitarist from Nightwish) will play a song and she is a bit of a gloomy lyrics writer. While she was writting lyrics, she was inspired by her hard or sad events in her life. On one song they used an old organ.   


FROM ANETT'S DIARY  

On 28 August 2009 met Anette Andreas Bagge in Stockholm. She talk with him and his two co-writer team about a collaboration to make songs for her solo album. 
  
On 8 October 2009 sent Anette a first song to Anders that she made 3 years ago. Anette wrote about it on her blog: "I dont know if its something we can use but I want him to listen and see what he feels about it;=)"

19 October 2009 was the firs day in the studio. she was working all day together with Stefan and Johan. Anette was very happy with the results of work. In the evening she wrote a message on her blog to her fans:



" Its been really nice and also fun to sit down and making songs together. We have one song that is ready to record some vocals on tomorrow and then 2 more ideas that we will work more with. Now I just need to write some more lyrics to them, in my own private space.


This will be so great and its so nice to have such great songwriters and musicians to help me with the songs. We work that way that we sit down by the piano and the guitar and just try melodies etc and then I write down lyrics and we try and test the structure of the song. Then Johan goes and puts drums, bass etc in the computer to get the music recorded for me to test-sing it. Then we work from there. It´s so nice to create songs like this, I havent done that since we started Alyson Avenue, so its been a while but I´ll soon get a hang of it again;=)" - from Anette's blog 19 October 2009


On 21 October 2009 they did some first recordings on two songs.
" Today we worked really hard again and even if we all said we felt a bit more tired, the music still flowed. And I think its just fine to be a bit tired after just popping out music, lyrics and ideas all the days and nights.  We also started working on 2 more ideas and I like the fact that we have done some different songs when it comes to tempo etc. In the end I want 10 or 11 songs and its good if we have at least 15-16 to choose from when that day comes." - Anette about recording session


 On 22 October 2009 answered Anette:
"Sitting and working on some lyrics again for the 3rd song we started working on yesterday. This is a bit more encouraging and I think its great=) Today we drove by a music store on the way and I found lots of cool and nice guitars there;=) Still I havent practised so much guitar but someday I will;=) Now its more important to do my album first."

 
Anette in the studio 
  
 Than Anette had a little break from work. On 23 November 2009 she went back in the studio. On  23 February 2010 wrote Anette on her blog that she won't relase her solo album. "I am sure I will do a solo some other time, but at this time it doesn´t fit into my life and then it´s better to not do it, than to do it and it just wont feel good." - said Anette 

On 3 July 2011 shared Anette on her official myspace page two songs she did in 2009.
"The first song is called Floating and I call it the "Cirkus"song. It gives me a happy feeling and the vibe in it is happy and joyful." - wrote Anette 3 July 2011

 
Floating (Demo 2009) 

"Today we used an old old organ on the song and its sounds so nice. Real old instruments makes the songs so special;=)"- from Anette's blog 2 November 2009    

 
"The second song is a song I wrote for my son and it´s very special to me therefore;=) " - wrote Anette 3 July 2011


Invincible (Demo 2009)  

Anette about this song:
"Me and Johan decided to do some studio work ourselves and now we´re working on a beautiful slower song and I have just finished the lyrics. My son said I needed to do a song for him so this one is for him;=)"  - from Anette's blog 18 November 2009
   

UPDATE: 

Anette about realization of her solo album (16 April 2011):
"My autumn is quite full with Imaginarium so the solo will have to wait to be released. I will work with the production of the songs when I have the time and if I get a song ready I will put it out for you all to listen, but there wont be an album out. Then after Imaginarium and the tour - if I still feel like releasing it - I will do that then;=)"

Diego said...
Will you get one day your solo album? 11 November 2011 05:46
Anette Olzon said... 

Diego: And yes, it will come out for sure. Hopefully 2013;=) 11 November 2011 08:52


UPDATE:

 "17. 10.2012  I make new songs at the moment and that´s the best thing to do when life is in a little weirder state as mine is now;=)"



FRIDAY, 16 NOVEMBER 2012


"I just finished writing my new song that I´ve been working on for some weeks;=) This time I am doing the lyrics in Swedish and it was a bit hard but also challenging to do that and now I´ve just sent it to my friend Fredrik Bergh to see how it will sound after the music is added. Since I don't play instruments so well, I always need help with recording that and Fredrik is fast and really good at what he´s doing;=) The way we work is that I sing the song and record it directly in to Garage Band and set the tempo I want it to have. Then I write down the lyrics and also add little comments to Fredrik how I have thought the song should be "built". Then I send the song to iTunes and email lyrics and the song file to Fredrik and voila! - his magic can start working;=) I love the technology of today, making it so easy to create music, even when we live far apart in the country!"


I have no plans about the solo album yet so cant answer that just now;=) I will release it next year or at the latest 2014"


On 30.11.2012 Anette has performed live two of her solo songs at the opening party of "Helsingborgs Arena" for the first time in her home town, Helsingborg with symphonic orchestre.
"The arrangement of the songs were different from how they sound on her demo.  due to having the big orchestra to play. So this is just a little taste of my songs and when they are finished I am sure they will have new elements to them. But hearing the orchestra gave me ideas to how to arrange and record the songs for the album. We´ll see how the album will sound cause its always something that I will decide in the studio. And also about the language, it depends, if I am gonna go mainly for Swedish audience or a bigger audience world wide. Let´s see what happens! "  - Anette about the songs




Like a show inside my head

Watching me from afar part1

Watching me from afar part3

Watching me from afar part3

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz