12 cze 2011

EVA CASSIDY - album "Eva by Heart"

Eva by Heart is the debut album (third overall) by American singer Eva Cassidy, released in 1997. It is the first studio album released after Cassidy's death in 1996.

"Say Goodbye" 

 "How Can I Keep from Singing?"

"Blues in the Night"

 "Waly, Waly"

  The very last thing she [Eva] was working on was the song "Waly Waly." She wanted to put that on the end of the Blues Alley record, but we couldn't seem to make it the way she wanted it.

I didn't really like the song that much. It was a Buffy Ste. Marie song, I think it's a traditional folk song. I always made fun of it, I called it her "celtic favorite" which really made her mad because she loved the song. Now I think it's great, it's one of my favorites. That was the one thing I most wanted to do for Eva, out of all the things I could have done, I wanted to try to make things right since I had really said mean things about the song when she was recording it.
producer Chris Biondo in August, 1999 


"I Know You by Heart" 
I Know You By Heart" was written about someone who died and I think it was cancer, I don't know if it was a male or female.
 Eva did change one line of the lyrics, "I see your sweet smile" was changed from "I see your profile."
Eva's brother Dan added the violin solo to that recording when Eva was sick and he was visiting from Iceland, it was fitting to have him be part of "I Know You By Heart."
- Chris Biono
"Time Is a Healer"
"Wayfaring Stranger"
"Wade in the Water" 
"Songbird"
"Need Your Love So Bad"
"Nightbird"

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz