28 sty 2011

DELTA GOODREM- Australian singer-songwriter


 
Fragile 

 
Together We Are One 

 
Out of the Blue

  
Disorientated 
 One of me favorite songs. 

 
Nobody Listened
This song is awesome!!! Her voice is wonderful. She is shouting is this song !!!
WOW

  
You Are My Rock 

   Electric Storm

Cancer
On 8 July 2003, at the age of 18, Goodrem was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer which attacks the body's immune system.

Extraordinary Day
is about the day (July 8, 2003) when she was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma.


The Analyst
 tells the story of the hours of self-analysis she dealt with.

The Last Night On Earth

She was forced to put all working commitments on hold while undertaking treatment for the disease. In an exclusive interview with the Australian Women's Weekly, Goodrem revealed that her body had been giving warning signs since 2002. Symptoms included a head to toe rash, fatigue, weight loss, night sweats, and the appearance of a lump on her neck. "I was doing sit-ups when I felt something pop in my neck. I reached down and I felt a small lump at the base of my throat. It wasn't sore, it wasn't visible, but I could feel it." As part of her treatment, Goodrem undertook chemotherapy, which resulted in the loss of her hair, and radiation therapy.

The news of her diagnosis made newspaper and television headlines and an outpouring of support was shown by fans and the general public alike, Goodrem thanking them during The Visualise Tour for all the letters and well wishes she received. Much of Goodrem's 2004 album Mistaken Identity, in particular "Extraordinary Day", is inspired by her battle. Reflecting on that period of her life, Goodrem says,“ It's weird to see pictures of that time. In some ways the fact that I was so sick was so out there, and yet I kept it really private. No-one saw me on the days I was really sick...I was 18 when I was diagnosed and I had a number one album and single in the country. And in the UK, I was number two. It was such a bipolar year.


In 2007 it was revealed that Delta's mother, Lea, had been diagnosed with breast cancer. On 27 October, she told News Limited that she had been diagnosed 8 weeks earlier.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz